Brown Dot Peckoltia (Peckoltia oligospila)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Brown Dot Peckoltia
57 Litres (15 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
6.5 - 7.2
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
- Brown Dot Peckoltia, L006
Additional scientific names
- Chaetostomus oligospilus
- Males develop small teeth-like odontodes which adorn the leading pectoral fin rays and the back half of the fishes body. Females remain unadorned and have a wider girth across the body most evident when the area just behind the pectoral fins is viewed from above.
- This fish will be peaceful towards tankmates, but may be territorial towards other plecos and bottom-dwellers.
- An omnivorous pleco that prefers a meaty diet of catfish wafers, brine shrimp and bloodworm and may also take spirulina.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Appreciates a spacious tank with good filtration, they like rock and wood decor with plenty of hiding places. Will not touch plants.
- A peaceful, if somewhat territorial, pleco.
- An attractive small pleco that has a pale brown base colour covered in darker brown spots. The tips of the caudal, dorsal and pectoral fins may have hints of orange.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )