Spotted Skiffia (Skiffia multipunctata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
38 Litres (10 US G.)
6.4-7.6cm (2.5-3 ")
5.5 - 8.0
17.8-27.8°C (64 -82 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Spotted Skiffia, Pleket Skiffia, Splotched Skiffia
Additional scientific names
- Goodea multipunctata, Ollentodon multipunctatus, Xenendum multipunctatum
- Males have a gonopodium. These are Livebearers. When in breeding condition, males develop irregular black blotches on their flanks.
- A generally peaceful fish that can be a bit nippy around long-finned fish. Will work with peaceful hardy fish such as Corydoras. Should be kept in good-sized groups with 1 male per 2-3 females to avoid the females being bullied.
- Will eat most flake food, enjoys live food such as daphnia and bloodworms. This is one of the few fish species that will eat black brush algae
- Feed once or twice a day sparingly.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )