Blue Danio (Danio kerri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Splendid Danio)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
4-5 cm (1.6-2")
6.5 - 7.0
23 -25 °C (73.4-77°F)
- Blue Danio, Kerr's Danio, Splendid Danio
Additional scientific names
- Brachydanio kerri
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Asia: Malay Peninsula.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature females are fuller in the belly than slender males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful active fish that does best in shoals of 6 or more. Do not keep with slow-moving long-finned fish in case of fin-nipping, nor with anything very shy as they will be bothered by this fish's active nature.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This fish should accept most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- These fish do not do well in tall tanks, house them in long tanks with a reasonable amount of swimming space as well as tall plants. They would do well with floating plants and bogwood décor.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A very active peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Typical torpedo-shaped Danio that has blue and gold horizontal stripes from the caudal fin to the gill plates. These stripes can sometimes appear shorter and won't always reach to the gill plates.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )