Prehistoric Monster Fish (Thalassophryne amazonica)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Prehistoric Monster Fish
114 Litres (30 US G.)
10.2-15.2cm (4-6 ")
6.0 - 7.5
23.9-27.8°C (75 -82 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Sits for most of the day at the bottom of the tank, mostly buried in the tank substratum. Will eat fish that swim directly overhead.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Live foods such as small feeder fish or larger shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Every second to third day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- A true freshwater species that requires a softer sandy substrate.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Very inactive but can be very predatory.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Very similar to other 'freshwater stonefish' species, you wil have to check the ID with the source of the fish from the supplier.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )