Banded Tilapia (Tilapia sparrmanii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
17.8-22.9cm (7-9 ")
7.5 - 8.2
22.2-26.7°C (72 -80 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Vlei Kurper
- Endemic from the middle Congo River basin in the Kwilu, Kwango, Kasai drainage, and Lomami; also found in the upper Congo River basin including the Lualaba, upper Lualaba, Lufira, Upemba region, Luvua, Lake Mweru, Luapula, and Bangweulu); also found in the Cunene, Okavango, Lake Ngami, Zambezi, Limpopo, northern tributaries of the Orange River, upper Cuanza, Sabi, Lundi and Lake Malawi
- Not easy to visually sex.
- A large peaceful cichlid that can be kept with other large peaceful, and semi-aggressive species.
- Known to be an unfussy eater, and will eat whatever they can find.
- Freshwater tank. Being very adaptable, they will easily thrive in your setup.
- Docile, and active; a relatively active fish.
- A greenish-grey fish with gold scales.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
|In an aquarium:|
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )