Crosshatch Triggerfish (Xanthichthys mento)
From The Aquarium Wiki
265 Litres (70 US G.)
55.9-61cm (22-24 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Peach Face Triggerfish
Additional scientific names
- Balistes mento, Xanthichthys gotonis, Xanthichthys purus, Xanthichthys surcatus
- Western Pacific: from southern Japan and the Ryukyu, Izu, Marcus, Wake and Hawaiian islands. Eastern Pacific: southern California, USA and the Pitcairn, Easter, Revillagigedo, Clipperton, and the Galapagos islands.
- Females are duller in colouration.
- Keep only with fish that can stand its aggression. It is definitely not a fish for the average large marine tank. It will eat any inverts and may damage corals.
- This fish requires meaty foods including shrimp, squid and scallops.
- Feed daily.
- A suitable reef tank will suffice.
- Quite territorial; keep only with fish that can handle the aggression; best not kept with crustaceans.
- A large oval fish which is yellow with a bluish gray face. Dorsal, and anal fins are bordered with yellow.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )