Banded Merry Widow (Phallichthys fairweatheri)
Banded Merry Widow
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5.1-6.4cm (2-2.5 ")
6.5 - 8.0
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Banded Merry Widow, Picotee Livebearer
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Endemic to Central America: Mexico to Guatemala and Honduras.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males have a large gonopodium.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful livebearer. Must be kept in the typical livebearer ratio of at least 2-3 females per male. All male groups can be kept.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Accepts most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Does best in a spacious and well filtered planted set up.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A typical peaceful livebearer.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Molly like in shape, the Banded Merry Widow is iridescent silver in base colour with many lateral orange bands down it's body from the head to the caudal peduncle.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )